Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs Best Pink's | KCET
Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs Best Pink's
In what some might consider an upset, a street food classic took out a Los Angeles institution in our L.A.'s Iconic Dish competition. Danger dogs, the ubiquitous bacon-wrapped hot dogs that often clog our perambulatory arteries, came in with 53 percent of the vote, ousting the nearly 75-year-old Pink's hot dog stand, which received the remaining 47 percent.
Danger Dogs will go on to the next round, competing against either Tuna Tartare from Chaya or BBQ Chicken Pizza from CPK, pending the outcome of the '80s Relics competition.
Sign up for KCET Food's newsletter to get exclusive recipes and more each week.
See All Face-Offs
Former Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca was ordered today to turn himself in no later than Feb. 5 to begin serving a three-year federal prison sentence for obstruction of justice and lying to the FBI.
A proposal to declare a climate emergency in Alaska has brought up long-running tensions over development and conservation among the groups that advocate on behalf of Alaska’s Indigenous people.
State officials quietly gave away a significant portion of Southern California’s water supply to farmers in the Central Valley as part of a deal with the Trump administration in December 2018, potentially harming California salmon and L.A. County.
Sharon Ellis' luminous landscapes draw on nearly the whole history of landscape painting. Think American Luminists, Charles Burchfield and his "animated landscapes" and even Light and Space artists James Turrell and Robert Irwin.
- 1 of 232
- next ›