Recipe: Baby Kale Salad with Crispy Guanciale and Oranges | KCET
Recipe: Baby Kale Salad with Crispy Guanciale and Oranges
West Hollywood restaurant RivaBella has put together this salad full of delicious ingredients: guanciale is kind of a fancy bacon, and baby kale is so much more tender and tasty than the full-grown stuff. Give it a whirl!
Baby Kale Salad with Crispy Guanciale and Cara Cara Oranges
2 ½ oz. baby kale
¼ oz. fine julienne red onion
¼ oz. crispy guanciale
8 cara cara orange segments
1 ½ oz. burnt meyer lemon vinaigrette (see below)
1. Toss kale, red onions and vinaigrette together in a bowl.
2. Garnish with orange segments and guanciale
Burnt Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
2 meyer lemons, zested & juiced
5 oz. extra virgin olive oil
10 oz. canola oil
1. Toss meyer lemon zest in a small amount of the evoo (¼ oz.) and place on a baking sheet.
2. Char the zest in a very hot oven, a wood-burning oven is preferred, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Combine lemon zest and juice in blender and turn on to medium speed.
4. Slowly add the evoo and canola oil until completely mixed.
5. Season with salt and pepper & strain through a fine sieve.
If watching birds just isn’t enough for you — and you’d rather join their ranks up there in the sky — here are five of the most exciting ways to get airborne and pretend for a while that you may actually have wings.
We may not have elected a woman president in 2016, but more and more women are gracing the podium and the stage in classical opera. Here are a few stellar examples and what obstacles they faced to get where they are.