Thanksgiving Recipe: Szechwan Long Beans With Pink Peppercorn | KCET
Thanksgiving Recipe: Szechwan Long Beans With Pink Peppercorn
Megan Logan, the executive chef at L.A. establishment Nick + Stef's, created this dish once upon a time ... and it's been a customer favorite ever since. It would make a great addition to any holiday spread, especially because the flavors are just a touch unexpected. This recipe is obviously meant for an enormous crowd; decrease as necessary!
Szechwan Long Beans with Pink Peppercorn
Serves a huge amount of people
3 cups garlic, chopped
3 cups ginger, chopped
3 cups scallions, chopped
1 L light soy sauce
½ cup sambal
3 cups rice wine vinegar
1 cup sesame oil
4 cups brown sugar packed
5 lb long beans, cut in 4-inch pieces
1. For the beans: Heat up canola oil in a heavy bottom pan on medium heat to 350º.
2. Once oil is heated, place long beans for 30 seconds or until crispy, being careful not to overcook. Remove beans from oil and dry on paper towels.
3. For the sauce: Place ginger, scallions and garlic in a food processor and puree.
4. Add soy sauce and puree another minute.
5. In a separate bowl, combine sambal, rice vinegar, sesame oil and brown sugar.
6. Add mixture from food processor and whisk to combine.
7. Toss the beans with the Szechwan sauce until coated and sprinkle with a handful of pink peppercorns.
Want recipes and food news emailed directly to you? Sign up for the new Food newsletter here!
Only modest gains in education and lowered maternal mortality have taken place since 1995, the U.N. said.
This interactive map allows you to predict the 2020 presidential race by calculating Electoral College votes per state for each candidate. You can also see how we expect states to vote and look at tallies from past elections.
Mayerlin Vergara won the United Nations' Nansen Refugee award on Thursday for rescuing hundreds of girls and boys who have been forced into sex work.
Give your brain a break with the peaceful sounds of Low Leaf's harp as they inundate the interior of the historical Perry House in L.A.'s Heritage Square Museum.
- 1 of 376
- next ›