The KCET Food and Farmer's Kitchen Recipe Contest: Citrus | KCET
The KCET Food and Farmer's Kitchen Recipe Contest: Citrus
Winter is citrus season! And though orange, grapefruits, tangerines and the rest aren't grown here as abundantly as they once were, SoCal is still strongly associated with the brightly colored orbs. And so, KCET Food and The Farmer's Kitchen has chosen this splendid fruit as our next recipe contest star ingredient!
Send us your favorite citrus-based recipe, be it sweet or savory, simple or complicated, raw or cooked. The creator of our very favorite recipe will win a gift basket full of goods made and sold in Southern California, including:
- An apron from the Hollywood Farmers' Market in L.A.
- A jar of raw Wooly Blue Curl Honey from Klausesbees in Tehachapi.
- Three jars of nut butters (peanut butter, fruit-nut spread, and cashew butter) from Magee's in Los Angeles.
- Two cans of olives from Graber Olive House in Ontario.
- A white truffle olive oil, an orange-infused olive oil, and a lavender spice blend from Fig & Olive in West Hollywood.
No recipe is too simple or too complicated; they're all contenders. Just be sure to submit the recipe by noon on Monday, January 28, 2013.
Leave it in the comments section below or email it to Living editor Katherine Spiers by the deadline (January 28 at noon). We'll spend the week with Chef Ernest Miller of the HFK cooking and tasting the submissions, and the winner will be announced at noon on February 4. For official contest rules, visit this link.
If watching birds just isn’t enough for you — and you’d rather join their ranks up there in the sky — here are five of the most exciting ways to get airborne and pretend for a while that you may actually have wings.
We may not have elected a woman president in 2016, but more and more women are gracing the podium and the stage in classical opera. Here are a few stellar examples and what obstacles they faced to get where they are.