Northeast Los Angeles Riverfront Collaborative Open House | KCET
Northeast Los Angeles Riverfront Collaborative Open House
After over a year and a half of engaging the Northeast Los Angeles riverfront communities, the collaborative is excited to invite you to the final Northeast Los Angeles Riverfront Collaborative Open House. At the open house we will share with the community the final NELA Riverfront District Vision Plan that came out of the community engagement activities and celebrate the NELA riverfront neighborhoods of Atwater Village, Cypress Park, Elysian Valley, Glassell Park, and Lincoln Heights. The Vision Plan documents ideas we heard from the community to improve the NELA Riverfront area and recommendations that we feel can effectively deliver these improvements to the L.A. River and its surrounding Northeast Los Angeles riverfront neighborhoods.
In addition to booths and presentations where you can learn about the Vision Plan, we'll also have:
- Food and beverages from local eateries
- A photography gallery of Portraits of the People of Northeast Los Angeles
- Recognition of the NELA Placemaking Design Competition Winners
- Kids activities
- Raffles for your chance to win gift certificates to local eateries
- L.A. River Corp Scavenger Hunt
- Riverwild L.A. recreational activities
- Direct access to the L.A. River Greenway for your walking and biking recreational pleasure
For more information about the June 21st NELA RC Open House, please visit
www.mylariver.org or call 323-221-7800.
For the past five years, a parched California has meant beekeepers have been struggling. However, while the holistic effects of recent rains have yet to be determined, for the beekeeping community here in L.A., the benefits are immediate and noticeable.