The L.A. River Runs Wild Again with Activities this Weekend | KCET
The L.A. River Runs Wild Again with Activities this Weekend
Updated: New Dates Below!
Recreating, learning, and sipping coffee by the L.A. River continues to be taken to new heights. This weekend, River Wild, a coalition of local businesses and River advocates, will host a series of activities that support the use of the River and exploration of the adjacent neighborhoods of Northeast Los Angeles.
The schedule is below. You can also visit www.riverwild.la for more information.
Clearwater Street "Rio Vista", just north of Ripple Street, Elysian Valley 90039
FOOD & DRINKS:
- Cafecito Organico's LA River Café: 8am-5pm
- The Juice: opens at 8am
- eRoots Pop-up Fresh Produce Market: 10am-2pm
- Buy local, fresh, and organic produce from eRoots, a social enterprise dedicated to creating an affordable healthy food system in Los Angles. Find out how to bring a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program to your local school and enter a free drawing to win your first box of local organic fruits and vegetables!
- Let's Be Frank Hot Dogs: brunch, lunch and more
- LA County Public Health Free Flu Vaccines: 8am-2pm
- Meet your LA County Department of Public Health district nurses, find out about local health resources, and receive your flu vaccine.
- LA Food Policy Council with Good Food Pledge: 11am-3pm
- Meet the team, take the Good Food Pledge, and learn about the Healthy Neighborhood Market Network resources for communities and corner store owners! Find out how to get involved in the movement to make LA a Good Food Region for All -- where food is healthy, affordable, fair and sustainable.
BIKES AND TOURS:
- Coco's Variety ½ day & Full Day Bike Rentals: 8am-5pm
- Elysian Valley Neighborhood Bike Tour: 11:30am
- This one hour bike tour will be led by Helen Leung, Elysian Valley native and bicycle explorer.
- Maker and Artist Studio Guided and/or Self-Guided Bike Tours: 2:00pm (See list below)
- LA River Regatta Club Pub Bike Ride to Golden Road Brewing: sunset pubcrawl time
ARTS & CULTURE:
NELA ArtWalk - Highland Park to Elysian Valley: 7pm
Film - Frogtown Futuro film screening of "Demolition": 7:30pm
- DJ's Aurelito, Shakespeare, Dewey & their Music Ice Cream Truck: Morning to midday
- DJ Aji: 1pm-3pm
- Live Music by MAADWEST: after 3pm
- River Wild T-shirts
- Origami paper art table by Ava
Maker and Artist Studios Open Houses
- Michael Todd Sculpture
- Cactus Gallery: 10am-3pm; 5pm-9pm
- Treeline Woodworks
- NOMAD Art Studios
- More studios to come!
The economic, social, and environmental woes of Trona are common to communities built around extractive industries. But even after the 2019 earthquake, the residents of the mining town remain "Trona Strong."
“New Shores: The Future Dialogue Between Two Homelands,” is a Current:LA event series highlighting the cuisine of nearby neighborhoods and the immigrant stories that thread them together.
Since its gifting to Los Angeles on December 1896, Griffith Park has been the sprawling landscape on which Angelenos have drawn their dreams. Learn more about its many unexpected histories.
How well do you know what goes in the blue bin and what goes in the trash? Take our recycling quiz to test your knowledge.
- 1 of 210
- next ›