Recipe: Deviled Pork Chops | KCET
Recipe: Deviled Pork Chops
This recipe is courtesy of America's Test Kitchen from Cook's Illustrated.
Deviled Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and pepper
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced to paste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless pork chops, ¾ to 1 inch thick
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add panko and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon salt. Stir Dijon, sugar, dry mustard, garlic, cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in second bowl until smooth.
3. Set wire rack in rimmed baking sheet and spray with vegetable oil spray. Pat chops dry with paper towels. Transfer chops to prepared wire rack, spacing them 1 inch apart. Brush 1 tablespoon mustard mixture over top and sides of each chop (leave bottoms uncoated). Spoon 2 tablespoons toasted panko evenly over top of each chop and press lightly to adhere.
4. Roast until meat registers 140 degrees, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on rack for 10 minutes before serving.
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, KCET and PBS SoCal will air special programming throughout the month of September and October.
Enter to win a pair of tickets to Gem of the Ocean.
A Q&A will immediately follow the screening with star Reneé Zellweger.
The latest salvo is California’s long-running water wars has the potential to emerge as one of the most important pieces of water regulation in recent years.
- 1 of 202
- next ›
Test cook Elle Simone makes Julia the best Braised New Mexico-Style Pork in Red Chile Sauce (Carne Adovada).
In this episode, test cook Dan Souza and host Julia teach viewers how to make the ultimate Grilled Chicken Thighs.
Test cook Becky Hays makes host Bridget Lancaster Perfect Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloin Steaks.
Test cook Lan Lam makes Bridget the ultimate Grilled Mojo-Marinated Skirt Steak.
Hosts Bridget and Julia unlock the secrets to making the ultimate Vietnamese Grilled Pork Patties on the grill.
- 1 of 10
- next ›