Recipe: Deviled Pork Chops | KCET
Recipe: Deviled Pork Chops
This recipe is courtesy of America's Test Kitchen from Cook's Illustrated.
Deviled Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and pepper
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced to paste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless pork chops, ¾ to 1 inch thick
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add panko and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon salt. Stir Dijon, sugar, dry mustard, garlic, cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in second bowl until smooth.
3. Set wire rack in rimmed baking sheet and spray with vegetable oil spray. Pat chops dry with paper towels. Transfer chops to prepared wire rack, spacing them 1 inch apart. Brush 1 tablespoon mustard mixture over top and sides of each chop (leave bottoms uncoated). Spoon 2 tablespoons toasted panko evenly over top of each chop and press lightly to adhere.
4. Roast until meat registers 140 degrees, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on rack for 10 minutes before serving.
Gov. Gavin Newsom and many county and city officials statewide have enacted moratoriums on evictions and elicited support from banks to help those unable to pay rent and mortgages. Here are some key questions affecting renters and homeowners.
The coronavirus death toll grew by 11 today in Los Angeles County, pushing the county's total to 65, while 513 more cases were confirmed -- and local health officials joined a growing movement by suggesting that people wear cloth masks when going out.
KCET and PBS SoCal are celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day with an exciting lineup of environmental programming in April.
The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic are starting to ripple through an already-taxed mental health care system — with social distancing a particular challenge for people who were already struggling before the current national emergency.
- 1 of 255
- next ›
Test cook Elle Simone makes Julia the best Braised New Mexico-Style Pork in Red Chile Sauce (Carne Adovada).
In this episode, test cook Dan Souza and host Julia teach viewers how to make the ultimate Grilled Chicken Thighs.
Test cook Becky Hays makes host Bridget Lancaster Perfect Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloin Steaks.
Test cook Lan Lam makes Bridget the ultimate Grilled Mojo-Marinated Skirt Steak.
Hosts Bridget and Julia unlock the secrets to making the ultimate Vietnamese Grilled Pork Patties on the grill.
- 1 of 10
- next ›