Video -- Classic Cool Theater Newsreel No. 2: First Unmanned Plane Tested | KCET
Some people can't get enough news, so here's one more source for you: the headlines of yesterday. Every installment of KCET's Classic Cool Theater offers not only a movie but also a vintage cartoon, musical number and news reel. And here's that news footage of old. In this installment: the first unmanned plane is tested.
Check back in at this URL every week to see a "new" classic newsreel.
And that's not all!
- For even more historical background on all our past Classic Cool films -- and what L.A. was like when they hit theaters back in the day -- click here.
- For this week's Classic Cool Theater feature presentation, click here.
- For a vintage music number, click here.
- To see this week's other newsreel, click here.
- For this week's Classic Cool Theater cartoon, click here.
And don't forget to tune into "Classic Cool Theater" every Saturday at 9 p.m. on KCET!
The rising Filipino food movement in Los Angeles is rooted in a new generation of young and talented chefs, who each share a story about going against the grain, preserving their culture, and honoring Filipino traditions with their food.
Inspired by the Mayan traditions of his youth, Jorge Dugal re-interprets his grandmother’s recipe for chirmol, a fire-roasted tomato and chili based salsa, that finds a modern home at one of Los Angeles’s most revered restaurants, Providence.