Chewing The Sea
Nothing speaks more to Greek cuisine and to Greece itself than the image of traditional fishing boats plying the waters of a crystal-clear blue sea. In this episode, Diane visits a local fisherman and fish taverna to learn the secrets of sustainable fish cookery. Along the way, she discovers some of the local fish and seafood that thrive as well as those that are endangered. On the dock, she makes a traditional fish soup, kakavia, with the captain. Back in her own kitchen, she cooks up a stormy sea of treats, all environmentally sound and sustainable, sharing with her American audience some of the practices we can all abide by in order to preserve our natural bounty. Taramosalata; Fish a la Spetsiota; Seafood Kritharoto (orzo risotto).
- Friday Jan 22, 8:30 PM PST on KCET Create
- Saturday Jan 23, 9:30 AM PST on KCET Create
- Sunday Jan 24, 11:30 AM PST on KCET Create
- Tuesday Jan 26, 6:30 PM PST on KCET Create
- Tuesday Jan 26, 11:30 PM PST on KCET Create