Recipe: Greek Salad | KCET
Recipe: Greek Salad
This recipe was originally published on dianekochilas.com.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup teardrop tomatoes
- 1 cup yellow teardrops
- 2 perfect red tomatoes
- 2 black tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, halved and cut into 1/8-in/3-mm slices
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into rings or crescents
- 4 to 6 pepperoncini
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/8-in/3-mm-thick rounds
- 8 to 12 Kalamata olives in brine, rinsed and drained
- Coarse salt or sea salt
- 1/3 cup/80 ml extra-virgin Greek olive oil
- 5 oz/140 g Greek feta, cut into 1 square piece
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves, or 1/2 tsp dried Greek oregano
- Halve the cherry and teardrop tomatoes. Cut the red and black tomatoes into wedges.
- Place the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber, pepperoncini, and onions in a large salad bowl. Add the olives, salt and olive oil. top with a wedge of feta and sprinkle with oregano. Serve.
KCET Enewsletter Signup
We are giving away autographed copies of the novel "Silent Voices" by author Ann Cleeves.
Deportations, Assassinations, and Dictator Nations: A Timeline of U.S. Intervention in Latin America
A timeline of major events in history that have impacted the Latino presence in the U.S.
The Program for Torture Victims helps survivors of torture find new life in America. PTV helped more than 300 clients in Southern California last year, and nearly all of them are also applying for asylum. As the asylum process becomes more difficult, so d
The world is experiencing the most significant refugee crisis since World War II. One in every 113 people on the planet is now a refugee. Around the world, someone is displaced every three seconds, forced from home by violence, war or persecution.
- 1 of 60
- next ›