Recipe: Greek Salad | KCET
Recipe: Greek Salad
This recipe was originally published on dianekochilas.com.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup teardrop tomatoes
- 1 cup yellow teardrops
- 2 perfect red tomatoes
- 2 black tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, halved and cut into 1/8-in/3-mm slices
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into rings or crescents
- 4 to 6 pepperoncini
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/8-in/3-mm-thick rounds
- 8 to 12 Kalamata olives in brine, rinsed and drained
- Coarse salt or sea salt
- 1/3 cup/80 ml extra-virgin Greek olive oil
- 5 oz/140 g Greek feta, cut into 1 square piece
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves, or 1/2 tsp dried Greek oregano
- Halve the cherry and teardrop tomatoes. Cut the red and black tomatoes into wedges.
- Place the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber, pepperoncini, and onions in a large salad bowl. Add the olives, salt and olive oil. top with a wedge of feta and sprinkle with oregano. Serve.
KCET Enewsletter Signup
After wildlife agencies eradicated the voracious, 20-pound rodents in California in the 1970s, the invasive species has been spotted in the San Joaquin Valley again.
Learn how to prepare Dulce de Leche Caramel Cinnamon Banana Bread from "Pati's Mexican Table."
In honor of 2018's season of Fine Cut, we're giving away a pair of passes to the winter KCET Cinema Series.
From historic trails through secluded forests to loops that offer vistas of remarkable sea stacks, Del Norte County is a vital destination for hikers seeking a rare California.
- 1 of 82
- next ›