Recipe: Greek Salad | KCET
Recipe: Greek Salad
This recipe was originally published on dianekochilas.com.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup teardrop tomatoes
- 1 cup yellow teardrops
- 2 perfect red tomatoes
- 2 black tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, halved and cut into 1/8-in/3-mm slices
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into rings or crescents
- 4 to 6 pepperoncini
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/8-in/3-mm-thick rounds
- 8 to 12 Kalamata olives in brine, rinsed and drained
- Coarse salt or sea salt
- 1/3 cup/80 ml extra-virgin Greek olive oil
- 5 oz/140 g Greek feta, cut into 1 square piece
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves, or 1/2 tsp dried Greek oregano
- Halve the cherry and teardrop tomatoes. Cut the red and black tomatoes into wedges.
- Place the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber, pepperoncini, and onions in a large salad bowl. Add the olives, salt and olive oil. top with a wedge of feta and sprinkle with oregano. Serve.
KCET Enewsletter Signup
Following a screening of “Outside In,” co-writer/actor Jay Duplass attended a Q&A hosted by Cinema Series host Pete Hammond.
Learn how to prepare a Chocolate Crepe Tower from "Pati's Mexican Table."
Inglewood city officials were secretly negotiating an agreement to build an arena for the Clippers basketball team for months before giving a carefully guarded notice to the public, according to newly released documents.
There’s a staggering amount of shared history between the U.S. and Mexico that runs along the border.
- 1 of 28
- next ›