Artbound Episode 3 | KCET
Artbound explores the dynamic arts and culture landscape of Southern California. Artbound's team of correspondents cover cultural happenings in the communities where they live, providing an inside look at the artistic geography of the region. Then the Artbound audience votes online for an article to be made into a short online video. Those videos are then assembled into the broadcast television show debuting on Open Call.
Experience a few of Artbound's mini-documentaries below:
- Future Perfect: The Midcentury Modern Paintings of Danny Heller (Riverside)
- Craft Happening: Tanya Aguiniga vs. the Beverly Hills Police (Los Angeles)
- Under the Green Moon with Paul Turounet (San Diego)
- Shari Elf: Maximum Creativity at Minimum Wage (San Bernardino)
- Guerrilla Gowns: Orange County's Ghostly Performance Art (Orange County)
- Notorious Possession: Occupying Foreclosed Homes With Art (Los Angeles)
Watch full episodes of Artbound here.
Inspired by the Mayan traditions of his youth, Jorge Dugal re-interprets his grandmother’s recipe for chirmol, a fire-roasted tomato and chili based salsa, that finds a modern home at one of Los Angeles’s most revered restaurants, Providence.