This recipe was originally published on jazzyvegetarian.com.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 block (14 to 16 ounces) extra-firm regular tofu, well drained and broken in to pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheddar-style cheese
- 2 cups diced broccoli florets (reserve 6 small florets for garnish)
- 6 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat a 6-cup jumbo muffin pan with vegan margarine.
Put the tofu, olive oil, tamari, Dijon mustard, paprika and garlic powder in a high-performance blending appliance, and process until smooth. Stir in the shredded vegan cheese and broccoli, using a small rubber spatula. Divide the tofu mixture into the prepared muffin cups, and smooth the tops. Decorate each quiche with 2 tomato halves, and 1 broccoli floret. Loosely cover the quiches with a large piece of parchment paper.
Bake for 15 minutes. Take the pan out of the oven, and remove the parchment paper. Bake uncovered for an additional 10 to 12 minutes, or until the mini-quiches are almost set. Put the pan on a wire rack and loosen the sides of each quiche with a knife.
Let cool for 5 to 7 minutes. Place a large piece of parchment paper on a cutting board or large sheet pan, and carefully invert the muffin pan, releasing the quiches from the muffin cups. Gently and carefully turn the quiches upright onto the wire rack, and let cool an additional 5 minutes, before serving.