Tsubaki's Koji Marinated Grilled Shrimp | KCET
Tsubaki's Koji Marinated Grilled Shrimp
A beautifully simple dish that brings together the freshness of the sea with the delicious taste of garlic, shio koji and lemon over the grill. Perfect for easy going barbecues.
1 pound large, head-on shrimp (we use new Caledonian blue prawns)
½ pint shio koji
3 cloves of garlic, grated
30 grams of ginger
garlic oil (equal parts garlic and canola oil simmered for an hour, then strained)
1. Butterfly and devin shrimp, keeping shells intact.
2. Mix the koji together with the ginger and garlic.
3. Lightly brush each shrimp with the koji mixture, just enough to coat. The koji is very salty so a little goes a long way.
4. Grill over charcoal, shell side down, until the meat begins to turn opaque
5. Remove from grill and char the tops of the shrimp with a kitchen torch or under a broiler.
6. Finish with a drizzle of garlic oil, lemon zest and a sprinkle of espelette pepper.
7. Serve with lemon wedges.
KCET Food Newsletter Signup
Enter to win a pair of tickets to MOCA presents Laura Owens at The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA.
Chicano and Mexican women of all ages featured in Vincent Price Art Museum's “Regeneración: Three Generations of Revolutionary Ideology” represents a century of transnational resistance against oppression in its many forms.
Award-winning composer Lisa Bielawa is tasked to help preserve Glass’s inimitable legacy in music, but also to create new courses and curricula that build on the principles and vision of Glass.
Three years since airing the last season, KCET’s highest-rated series returns for an eighth season! The new season of "Doc Martin" begins Thursday, Jan. 24 at 8:00 p.m.
- 1 of 117
- next ›