Tsubaki's Koji Marinated Grilled Shrimp | KCET
Tsubaki's Koji Marinated Grilled Shrimp
A beautifully simple dish that brings together the freshness of the sea with the delicious taste of garlic, shio koji and lemon over the grill. Perfect for easy going barbecues.
1 pound large, head-on shrimp (we use new Caledonian blue prawns)
½ pint shio koji
3 cloves of garlic, grated
30 grams of ginger
garlic oil (equal parts garlic and canola oil simmered for an hour, then strained)
1. Butterfly and devin shrimp, keeping shells intact.
2. Mix the koji together with the ginger and garlic.
3. Lightly brush each shrimp with the koji mixture, just enough to coat. The koji is very salty so a little goes a long way.
4. Grill over charcoal, shell side down, until the meat begins to turn opaque
5. Remove from grill and char the tops of the shrimp with a kitchen torch or under a broiler.
6. Finish with a drizzle of garlic oil, lemon zest and a sprinkle of espelette pepper.
7. Serve with lemon wedges.
KCET Food Newsletter Signup
Here are six places off the commuter’s beaten path where the scenery is best taken in by bike.
The El Rancho Unified school board has voted to fire El Rancho High School teacher Gregory Salcido, who was heard in viral videos making comments critical of military members.
Through his innovative art works over the past two decades, Doug Aitken invites viewers to consider the inherent conflicts between nature and technology and to reflect upon how urbanization affects the natural environment.
'Chappaquiddick' Brings Up Relevant Questions of Politics and Power at the Spring KCET Cinema Series March 27
A Q&A will follow the screening with star Jason Clarke.
- 1 of 30
- next ›