Tsubaki's Koji Marinated Grilled Shrimp | KCET
Tsubaki's Koji Marinated Grilled Shrimp
A beautifully simple dish that brings together the freshness of the sea with the delicious taste of garlic, shio koji and lemon over the grill. Perfect for easy going barbecues.
1 pound large, head-on shrimp (we use new Caledonian blue prawns)
½ pint shio koji
3 cloves of garlic, grated
30 grams of ginger
garlic oil (equal parts garlic and canola oil simmered for an hour, then strained)
1. Butterfly and devin shrimp, keeping shells intact.
2. Mix the koji together with the ginger and garlic.
3. Lightly brush each shrimp with the koji mixture, just enough to coat. The koji is very salty so a little goes a long way.
4. Grill over charcoal, shell side down, until the meat begins to turn opaque
5. Remove from grill and char the tops of the shrimp with a kitchen torch or under a broiler.
6. Finish with a drizzle of garlic oil, lemon zest and a sprinkle of espelette pepper.
7. Serve with lemon wedges.
KCET Food Newsletter Signup
Following a screening of "Be Natural: The Untold Story of Alice Guy-Blaché," writer/director/producer Pamela B. Green attended a Q&A hosted by Cinema Series host Pete Hammond.
"Artbound" gives away three copies of "Vireo: The Spiritual Biography of a Witch’s Accuser" composed and conceived by Lisa Bielawa. Enter to win.
Harrelson and Costner are 'The Highwaymen' Hunting Bonnie and Clyde at the Spring KCET Cinema Series on March 26
A Q&A will immediately follow the screening with director John Lee Hancock.
Two of Southern California's tiny mountain lion populations are at risk of becoming extinct in as little as 50 years unless humans act to build bridges and trails to connect their habitats, a study released Wednesday said.
- 1 of 148
- next ›