Tsubaki's Koji Marinated Grilled Shrimp | KCET
Tsubaki's Koji Marinated Grilled Shrimp
A beautifully simple dish that brings together the freshness of the sea with the delicious taste of garlic, shio koji and lemon over the grill. Perfect for easy going barbecues.
1 pound large, head-on shrimp (we use new Caledonian blue prawns)
½ pint shio koji
3 cloves of garlic, grated
30 grams of ginger
garlic oil (equal parts garlic and canola oil simmered for an hour, then strained)
1. Butterfly and devin shrimp, keeping shells intact.
2. Mix the koji together with the ginger and garlic.
3. Lightly brush each shrimp with the koji mixture, just enough to coat. The koji is very salty so a little goes a long way.
4. Grill over charcoal, shell side down, until the meat begins to turn opaque
5. Remove from grill and char the tops of the shrimp with a kitchen torch or under a broiler.
6. Finish with a drizzle of garlic oil, lemon zest and a sprinkle of espelette pepper.
7. Serve with lemon wedges.
KCET Food Newsletter Signup
Learn how to prepare Maialino Style Pork Ragu with Broken Lasagna from "Sara's Weeknight Meals."
Learn how to prepare Hearty Beef and Vegetable Stew from "America's Test Kitchen from Cook's Illustrated."
Here are six of the best road trips for exploring mining history in Southern and Central California.
“Soul of a Nation: Art in the Age of Black Power 1963-1983" creates constellations of relationships that succeed in giving viewers a deeper appreciation of the multiple concerns of African American artists then, which still reverberate today.
- 1 of 149
- next ›