Five SoCal Must-Reads: L.A. is One of the Most Artistic Cities and More | KCET
Five SoCal Must-Reads: L.A. is One of the Most Artistic Cities and More
- It's safe to say that Los Angeles is one of the U.S. cities with the most artists in it--after all, it's the second biggest city. But what about the number of artists relevant to its population and then compared nationally? Yes, Los Angeles is still included. More at The Atlantic Cities.
- Unlike other occupations, Occupy L.A. has been more diverse from its beginning. Leslie Berestein Rojas at KPCC's Multi-American blog explains their immigration-related grievances.
- KSBY reports that San Luis Obispo, the first U.S. city with a public smoking ban, has a low rate of illegal tobacco sales to minors: 2.31 percent compared to the state average of 7.7 percent.
- Who knew? There's a San Diego Tunnel Task Force and they just discovered "one of the most elaborate ever found beneath the U.S.--Mexico border," according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.
- It costs a pretty penny to do business in San Bernardino, reports the San Bernardino Sun. "Among all California cities, analysts said, the cost of doing business in San Bernardino is comparable to running a company in costly places like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Monica and Beverly Hills."