L.A.'s Budget Problems to Get Worse, SLO's Steelhead Trout Population on the Rise & More | KCET
L.A.'s Budget Problems to Get Worse, SLO's Steelhead Trout Population on the Rise & More
A look at what other news agencies are saying about Southern California:
- The City Maven: L.A.'s current budget woes are just the beginning. A "tsunami" is coming, warns the city's top budget official.
- LA Now: There are at least 380 victims of credit and debit card fraud stemming from a Sierra Madre gas station.
- BakersfieldNow: A recent truck accident in the Grapevine is raising questions about truck escape routes along the corridor.
- LA Weekly: Loyola Marymount University has released an analysis of L.A. voters and Prop 19, the failed marijuana legalization effort.
- Desert Dispatch: A new public transit bus route between Barstow and Victorville begins next week.
- LAist: LA Arts Month is underway!
- LAObserved: Nice photo of snow and cloud cover over the basin from Baldy Village.
- SLO Tribune: Steelhead trout are making a comeback in San Luis Obispo County streams.
Responding to the unprecedented shift to remote learning and other challenges to education caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, the University of California is temporarily suspending its core admissions requirements for students seeking to enroll.
As of this week, about one in three American households have completed the census. L.A. County is close behind but when we zoom in, we see a different picture.
Gov. Gavin Newsom and many county and city officials statewide have enacted moratoriums on evictions and elicited support from banks to help those unable to pay rent and mortgages. Here are some key questions affecting renters and homeowners.
The coronavirus death toll grew by 11 today in Los Angeles County, pushing the county's total to 65, while 513 more cases were confirmed -- and local health officials joined a growing movement by suggesting that people wear cloth masks when going out.
- 1 of 256
- next ›