L.A.'s Budget Problems to Get Worse, SLO's Steelhead Trout Population on the Rise & More | KCET
L.A.'s Budget Problems to Get Worse, SLO's Steelhead Trout Population on the Rise & More
A look at what other news agencies are saying about Southern California:
- The City Maven: L.A.'s current budget woes are just the beginning. A "tsunami" is coming, warns the city's top budget official.
- LA Now: There are at least 380 victims of credit and debit card fraud stemming from a Sierra Madre gas station.
- BakersfieldNow: A recent truck accident in the Grapevine is raising questions about truck escape routes along the corridor.
- LA Weekly: Loyola Marymount University has released an analysis of L.A. voters and Prop 19, the failed marijuana legalization effort.
- Desert Dispatch: A new public transit bus route between Barstow and Victorville begins next week.
- LAist: LA Arts Month is underway!
- LAObserved: Nice photo of snow and cloud cover over the basin from Baldy Village.
- SLO Tribune: Steelhead trout are making a comeback in San Luis Obispo County streams.
Here are a few programs and articles we recommend to help center your Thanksgiving celebration on honoring and amplifying Native stories, seeking truth about our history, and acknowledging Indigenous presence and wisdom.
Here’s where to find five of L.A.’s most scenic bridge crossings — and why they’re fascinating destinations in their own right.
Children whose educations have been disrupted by the pandemic may suffer life-long consequences, including shorter life spans, according to a study released today by the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health.
Many artists find work has dried up due to COVID-19, but it doesn’t mean you have to stop working entirely. Several artists and people who work with artists share their best tips on things to do when work is slow.
- 1 of 398
- next ›