L.A.'s Budget Problems to Get Worse, SLO's Steelhead Trout Population on the Rise & More | KCET
L.A.'s Budget Problems to Get Worse, SLO's Steelhead Trout Population on the Rise & More
A look at what other news agencies are saying about Southern California:
- The City Maven: L.A.'s current budget woes are just the beginning. A "tsunami" is coming, warns the city's top budget official.
- LA Now: There are at least 380 victims of credit and debit card fraud stemming from a Sierra Madre gas station.
- BakersfieldNow: A recent truck accident in the Grapevine is raising questions about truck escape routes along the corridor.
- LA Weekly: Loyola Marymount University has released an analysis of L.A. voters and Prop 19, the failed marijuana legalization effort.
- Desert Dispatch: A new public transit bus route between Barstow and Victorville begins next week.
- LAist: LA Arts Month is underway!
- LAObserved: Nice photo of snow and cloud cover over the basin from Baldy Village.
- SLO Tribune: Steelhead trout are making a comeback in San Luis Obispo County streams.
At 75 years old, Graciela Iturbide refuses to slow down. In the coming months two exhibitions in Southern California will feature her iconic work, plus her own biography will take on graphic novel form and published by the Getty.
Nearly a decade later, public policy professionals and academics have worked to unravel the complex factors that led to the 2008 housing crisis and why minorities and women proved particularly vulnerable.
- 1 of 316
- next ›