L.A.'s Budget Problems to Get Worse, SLO's Steelhead Trout Population on the Rise & More | KCET
L.A.'s Budget Problems to Get Worse, SLO's Steelhead Trout Population on the Rise & More
A look at what other news agencies are saying about Southern California:
- The City Maven: L.A.'s current budget woes are just the beginning. A "tsunami" is coming, warns the city's top budget official.
- LA Now: There are at least 380 victims of credit and debit card fraud stemming from a Sierra Madre gas station.
- BakersfieldNow: A recent truck accident in the Grapevine is raising questions about truck escape routes along the corridor.
- LA Weekly: Loyola Marymount University has released an analysis of L.A. voters and Prop 19, the failed marijuana legalization effort.
- Desert Dispatch: A new public transit bus route between Barstow and Victorville begins next week.
- LAist: LA Arts Month is underway!
- LAObserved: Nice photo of snow and cloud cover over the basin from Baldy Village.
- SLO Tribune: Steelhead trout are making a comeback in San Luis Obispo County streams.
Huell investigates a onetime tradition, the Yosemite Firefall, and experiences the natural version of the "Firefall" at Horsetail Fall. Huell calls it "one of the most magnificent sights you'll ever see in your life."
Deportations, Assassinations, and Dictator Nations: A Timeline of U.S. Intervention in Latin America