Huell Howser Liked to Jog | KCET
Huell Howser Liked to Jog
Yes, what you're seeing at the top is, in fact, Huell Howser on a jetski. For at least some of you, this is a dream finally realized. It's not especially indicative of this week's Retro Huell post, I guess, but it's hard to figure out what would be. It centers around jogging, more or less, but it's... um, a little more eclectic than we're used to. Here, a bulleted list of the clip's contents should illustrate this point fairly well.
- Huell rolls around in a wheelchair for a week to understand what it's like to be disabled.
- Huell rides Barbara Mandrell's jetski (pictured).
- Huell and some boys from a Vanderbilt fraternity slather themselves in mud.
- Huell jogs with Willie Nelson through Nashville.
- Huell discusses jogging with Leslee "Honey" Alexander, wife to then-Tennessee governor Lamar Alexander and her bodyguard, the weirdly Huell Howser-sounding Hugh Hayes.
- Huell jogs with Honey Alexander despite her being seven months pregnant.
- Huell discusses jogging with Dolly Parton.
That's it. That's the whole clip. But even though I just told you everything that happens in the clip, I really didn't give anything away. It's worth the few minutes it takes to watch. These clips make for an interesting peek into Huell's past -- and the kind of weird adventures you end up taking when you're a TV host.
For what it's worth, Huell always looks like he's loving every minute of what he's doing. That counts for something, I think.
Read previous "Retro Huell" posts:
- Dolly Parton
- George Burns
- Zelda Rubinstein
- Luciano Pavarotti
- Richard Simmons
- John Ritter
- Tony Danza
- a leopard
- Hulk Hogan & Mr. T
- The Eagles
- Minnie Pearl and Porky the Pet House Pig
- Dolly Parton (again)
- David Hockney
- Tammy Wynette
- The Junebug Lady
- Ed Koch
- Barbi Benton
- Huell in Nashville, 1979
Another two cases of a rare inflammatory syndrome have been identified in patients at Children's Hospital Los Angeles, bringing the total to six, all of whom tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies, it was announced today.
Los Angeles County restaurants were cleared today to reopen for limited dine-in service, as were barbershops and hair salons, as the state approved the county's request to move deeper into California's roadmap for restarting the economy.
KCET and PBS SoCal celebrate LGBTQ Pride Month with a compelling array of special programming, highlighting personal stories from the LGBTQ community and its forerunners and champions who continue to inspire today.
As the economy has cratered, California politicians are increasingly concerned that corporate landlords could swoop in and buy up single-family housing — in a repeat of the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis.
- 1 of 292
- next ›