Huell Howser Liked to Jog | KCET
Huell Howser Liked to Jog
Yes, what you're seeing at the top is, in fact, Huell Howser on a jetski. For at least some of you, this is a dream finally realized. It's not especially indicative of this week's Retro Huell post, I guess, but it's hard to figure out what would be. It centers around jogging, more or less, but it's... um, a little more eclectic than we're used to. Here, a bulleted list of the clip's contents should illustrate this point fairly well.
- Huell rolls around in a wheelchair for a week to understand what it's like to be disabled.
- Huell rides Barbara Mandrell's jetski (pictured).
- Huell and some boys from a Vanderbilt fraternity slather themselves in mud.
- Huell jogs with Willie Nelson through Nashville.
- Huell discusses jogging with Leslee "Honey" Alexander, wife to then-Tennessee governor Lamar Alexander and her bodyguard, the weirdly Huell Howser-sounding Hugh Hayes.
- Huell jogs with Honey Alexander despite her being seven months pregnant.
- Huell discusses jogging with Dolly Parton.
That's it. That's the whole clip. But even though I just told you everything that happens in the clip, I really didn't give anything away. It's worth the few minutes it takes to watch. These clips make for an interesting peek into Huell's past -- and the kind of weird adventures you end up taking when you're a TV host.
For what it's worth, Huell always looks like he's loving every minute of what he's doing. That counts for something, I think.
Read previous "Retro Huell" posts:
- Dolly Parton
- George Burns
- Zelda Rubinstein
- Luciano Pavarotti
- Richard Simmons
- John Ritter
- Tony Danza
- a leopard
- Hulk Hogan & Mr. T
- The Eagles
- Minnie Pearl and Porky the Pet House Pig
- Dolly Parton (again)
- David Hockney
- Tammy Wynette
- The Junebug Lady
- Ed Koch
- Barbi Benton
- Huell in Nashville, 1979
When COVID-19 retreats, we will not be picking up where we left off. Disruption of this scale is an opportunity for innovation.
“Totally Fake Latino News!,” a satirical show by Latinx performance trio Culture Clash is tailor-made for the unprecedented times we’re living in today.
We asked experts and artists who’ve recently made the transition to online workshops for their best tips, caveats and practices.
Long Beach is teaming with the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles to launch a new COVID-19 testing program focused on Latinx and undocumented communities.
- 1 of 356
- next ›