KCET is Live with Quake Coverage [Updated] | KCET
KCET is Live with Quake Coverage [Updated]
KCET HD has interrupted regular programming to offer continuing live coverage of the devastation in Japan.The special news reports are from NHK World, Japan's public broadcasting system. We will stay with live coverage for the rest of the morning and afternoon. Tonight at 8:00 P.M., SoCal Connected will present a special report on the aftermath of the 8.9 quake. More details on the special shortly.
Update, 3:00 p.m.: In addition to our web simulcast of NHK World, our on-air international news schedule for Friday, March 11, is as follows:
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Hour NHK Special Report
- 4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.: Al Jazeera English News
- 4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: IBA
- 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.: BBC World News
- 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.: NHK Newsline
- 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.: BBC World News
- 6:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.: Al Jazeera English News
- 7:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.: BBC Newsnight
- 8:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.: SoCal Connected: Disaster in Japan -- A SoCal Connected Special Report
- 9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.: Bracing for a Quake
Thousands of Haitian refugee families continue to be stranded in Tijuana, a city far from where they hoped would be their final destination. Since their arrival, photojournalist Omar Martínez has been documenting their Mexican lives.
Hsi Lai Temple is the largest Buddhist monastery in Southern California. Opened in 1988, it is also home to one of the best vegetarian buffets in L.A. County. But of course, they don’t advertise that. Still, all visitors, regardless of faith, are welcome.
Roughly 90 years later, the legacy of San Luis Obispo's Motel Inn still stands, along with part of the original building.