KCET is Live with Quake Coverage [Updated] | KCET
KCET is Live with Quake Coverage [Updated]
KCET HD has interrupted regular programming to offer continuing live coverage of the devastation in Japan.The special news reports are from NHK World, Japan's public broadcasting system. We will stay with live coverage for the rest of the morning and afternoon. Tonight at 8:00 P.M., SoCal Connected will present a special report on the aftermath of the 8.9 quake. More details on the special shortly.
Update, 3:00 p.m.: In addition to our web simulcast of NHK World, our on-air international news schedule for Friday, March 11, is as follows:
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Hour NHK Special Report
- 4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.: Al Jazeera English News
- 4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: IBA
- 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.: BBC World News
- 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.: NHK Newsline
- 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.: BBC World News
- 6:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.: Al Jazeera English News
- 7:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.: BBC Newsnight
- 8:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.: SoCal Connected: Disaster in Japan -- A SoCal Connected Special Report
- 9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.: Bracing for a Quake
If watching birds just isn’t enough for you — and you’d rather join their ranks up there in the sky — here are five of the most exciting ways to get airborne and pretend for a while that you may actually have wings.