Now Screening Online: 'D.O.A.' | KCET
Now Screening Online: 'D.O.A.'
Every Saturday night, KCET airs a new Classic Cool Theater package. It's a movie, a vintage cartoon, a newsreel and an of-the-era musical number. This week, the main feature was the film noir classic "D.O.A".
- For this week's feature presentation, click here.
- For this week's Classic Cool Theater cartoon, click here.
- For this week's Classic Cool Theater newsreel, click here.
- For this week's musical number, click here.
- And for even more historical background on all our past Classic Cool films, click here.
A Q&A will immediately follow the screening with Oscar-winning cinematographer Roger Deakins.
During the late 19th and early 20th century, many mass-produced black dolls were stereotypical, caricature-like and expressed racist undertones. Shindana Toys helped change the paradigm, irrevocably changing the toy industry today.
On November 24, 1965, the Louis Smith and Robert Hall launched an organization called Operation Bootstrap. The organization emphasized the importance of black entrepreneurship and used its business initiatives to shift public perception of black identity.
The Yurok people care for all of their family members, and their kin — including condors and salmon — reciprocate the care.
- 1 of 221
- next ›