Now Screening Online: 'That Uncertain Feeling' | KCET
Now Screening Online: 'That Uncertain Feeling'
Some midcentury movie stars continue to have famous names today. Others, however, are now less widely celebrated, and included among these semi-forgotten stars is the stunningly beautiful Merle Oberon. If you missed last watching Oberon star in Saturday's airing of the 1941 Ernst Lubitsch romantic comedy "That Uncertain Feeling," you're in luck: We're streaming this Classic Cool Theater feature online. You still have a chance to find out why this woman stole hearts and lit up screens back in her day.
- For this week's feature presentation, click here.
- For this week's Classic Cool Theater cartoon, click here.
- For this week's Classic Cool Theater melody, click here.
- And for this week's Classic Cool Theater newsreel, click here.
- And for even more historical background on all our past Classic Cool films -- and to hear the surprising story about the disfiguring car accident that almost ruined Oberon's acting career -- click here.
At 75 years old, Graciela Iturbide refuses to slow down. In the coming months two exhibitions in Southern California will feature her iconic work, plus her own biography will take on graphic novel form and published by the Getty.
Nearly a decade later, public policy professionals and academics have worked to unravel the complex factors that led to the 2008 housing crisis and why minorities and women proved particularly vulnerable.
- 1 of 316
- next ›