So Where Is 'Doc Martin' Season Six? | KCET
So Where Is 'Doc Martin' Season Six?
Yes, we're going Bodmin once again. At 8 p.m. tonight, KCET is restarting the cycle of "Doc Martin" seasons -- or series, if you want to be British about it, and if you're a "Doc Martin" fan, then you probably do. And while the first episode of "Doc Martin" is a great piece of TV and the perfect setup for the adventures of the crankpot title character, many longtime fans may be curious to know what's up with the show's sixth season. We were too. Here's what we found:
- For now, it looks like the new season is expected to air on Britain's ITV in the fall of 2013. The site Tellyspotting guesses that this could put new "Doc Martin" episodes on American TVs around January 2014. But that's just a guess. In March of last year, APT released a statement saying that the sixth season of "Doc Martin" would air in the U.S. in 2013.
- The new season hasn't been filmed yet, but filming will likely start in spring.
- The new season will reportedly feature Martin Clunes and Caroline Catz as Martin and Louisa, as well as Eileen Atkins as Ruth, Ian McNeice as Bert, Joe Absolom as Al, John Marquez as PC Penhale and Jessica Ransom as Morwenna, the receptionist who succeeded Pauline (Kathleen Parkinson).
- Doc Martin Online reports that eight episodes have been commissioned. It also states that the sixth season will most likely be the last.
- The new season will focus on Martin and Louisa struggling with parenthood. Clunes is quoted here as saying this much: "Our challenge this season will be to force Louisa and the doctor to live together with baby James, which as far as I can see has disaster written all over it... And then there's the dog and Dame Eileen, but not necessarily in that order!" In a different interview, Clunes teased that Martin and Louisa may finally get hitched, saying, "It will be interesting because Louisa and the doctor are finally going to marry, I think. But I don't want to give too much away!"
In summary, no matter how much you may love "Doc Martin," you may have to wait to find out what's on the horizon for the good doctor. (A safe bet? Things that annoy him.) In the meantime, whet your appetite for all things Portwenn with KCET's regular episodes -- Thursdays at 8PM, Fridays at 2:30PM and Saturday at 7PM -- and be sure to check out our exclusive "Behind the Scenes" tour of the show. Here's the first installment:
And relive your favorite "Doc Martin" episodes with our recaps.
So what do you hope will happen in the new season of the show? Portwenn's most awkward wedding ever? Tell us in the comments.
Star of Iraq War Drama “Thank You For Your Service” Slated to Appear at KCET’s Cinema Series September 26
Fine art is filled with glass blown objects but few artists have been able to achieve glass-blown human subjects that critique the harsh realities of today, the hallmark of Jaime Guerrero’s artwork and career.
- 1 of 314
- next ›