Watch This Weekend's Classic Cool Theater Presentation, 'Go For Broke!' -- Online Now! | KCET
Watch This Weekend's Classic Cool Theater Presentation, 'Go For Broke!' -- Online Now!
The cleverest among us would have taken advantage of the long Memorial Day weekend, but if doing so means that you missed last Saturday's presentation of "Classic Cool Theater," you're in luck: it's all online here at KCET.org. There's the 1951 Van Johnson war film, "Go For Broke!" as well as the cartoon, the musical number and the vintage news reel -- and it's available now on KCET's video channel.
- To watch the whole feature-length presentation, click here.
- To watch this week's cartoon, a Superman serial titled "Jungle Drums," click here.
- To watch this week's musical number, Peggy Lee performing "Why Don't You Do Right?" with the Benny Goodman Orchestra, click here.
- To watch a newsreel of the real-life events World War II events, click here.
- And finally, for some background on "Go For Broke!" -- and to find out what L.A. was like when this film hit theaters so many years ago -- click here and read this week's "Classic, Cool Context" article.
If watching birds just isn’t enough for you — and you’d rather join their ranks up there in the sky — here are five of the most exciting ways to get airborne and pretend for a while that you may actually have wings.
We may not have elected a woman president in 2016, but more and more women are gracing the podium and the stage in classical opera. Here are a few stellar examples and what obstacles they faced to get where they are.