Watch This Weekend's Classic Cool Theater Presentation, 'The Big Lift,' Online Now! | KCET
Watch This Weekend's Classic Cool Theater Presentation, 'The Big Lift,' Online Now!
Psst. Didn't catch KCET's Saturday night airing of the Montgomery Clift war film, "The Big Lift"? That's no problem, because right now you can watch the entire film -- plus the cartoon, the musical number and vintage news reel -- over on KCET's "Classic Cool Theater" video channel.
- To watch the whole feature-length presentation, click here.
- To watch this week's cartoon, a Popeye short titled "Out to Punch," click here.
- To watch this week's musical number, Louis Jordan's "Honey Chile," click here.
- To watcha newsreel of the real-life events that inspired "The Big Lift," click here.
- And finally, what Hollywood icon once called "The Big Lift" star Montgomery Clift "a little sh--"? To find out, click here and read this week's "Classic, Cool Context" article on the history behind "The Big Lift" as well as a little insight what Los Angeles was like when this film originally hit theaters back on April 16, 1950.
Twenty-two years ago, Studio City's Daichan served up L.A.'s first poke bowl. Today, it continues to introduce customers to Japanese soul food.
We asked Marquardt to give us an insider’s look into the demands of a chef de cuisine at one of the country’s best restaurants. Here’s a day in his life.
Today, a growing number of military veterans are pursuing culinary careers. The culinary field is very natural for military transitioners and veterans due to the built-in structure and drive for excellence.
From hiking to turkey races, here are five Thanksgiving weekend adventures.
- 1 of 347
- next ›