California Results Cheat Sheet: What Propositions Won, Lost? | KCET
California Results Cheat Sheet: What Propositions Won, Lost?
The numbers have come in for California's 11 propositions and those races have been called -- at least by major media organizations. Here's what they're saying:
- Prop 30, Jerry Brown's tax, succeeded, according to AP.
- Prop 31, which sought state government reforms, failed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Prop 32, which would have affected union donations to political campaigns, failed, according to AP.
- Prop 33, the auto insurance initiative, failed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Prop 34, which sought to repeal the Death Penalty, failed, per AP.
- Prop 35, the human trafficking measure passes, according to AP.
- Prop 36, which makes changes to California's three strikes law passes, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 37 to require labeling of some foods that carry GMOs lost, according to AP.
- Prop 38, which sought to raises taxes to fund education, fails, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 39, which changes how multi-state businesses are taxed on sales, passes, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 40, which keeps State Senate maps redrawn by a citizens commission, passes, according to AP.
For live and updated results from KCET, click here.
Here are a few programs and articles we recommend to help center your Thanksgiving celebration on honoring and amplifying Native stories, seeking truth about our history, and acknowledging Indigenous presence and wisdom.
Here’s where to find five of L.A.’s most scenic bridge crossings — and why they’re fascinating destinations in their own right.
Children whose educations have been disrupted by the pandemic may suffer life-long consequences, including shorter life spans, according to a study released today by the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health.
Many artists find work has dried up due to COVID-19, but it doesn’t mean you have to stop working entirely. Several artists and people who work with artists share their best tips on things to do when work is slow.
- 1 of 398
- next ›