California Results Cheat Sheet: What Propositions Won, Lost? | KCET
California Results Cheat Sheet: What Propositions Won, Lost?
The numbers have come in for California's 11 propositions and those races have been called -- at least by major media organizations. Here's what they're saying:
- Prop 30, Jerry Brown's tax, succeeded, according to AP.
- Prop 31, which sought state government reforms, failed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Prop 32, which would have affected union donations to political campaigns, failed, according to AP.
- Prop 33, the auto insurance initiative, failed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Prop 34, which sought to repeal the Death Penalty, failed, per AP.
- Prop 35, the human trafficking measure passes, according to AP.
- Prop 36, which makes changes to California's three strikes law passes, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 37 to require labeling of some foods that carry GMOs lost, according to AP.
- Prop 38, which sought to raises taxes to fund education, fails, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 39, which changes how multi-state businesses are taxed on sales, passes, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 40, which keeps State Senate maps redrawn by a citizens commission, passes, according to AP.
For live and updated results from KCET, click here.
If watching birds just isn’t enough for you — and you’d rather join their ranks up there in the sky — here are five of the most exciting ways to get airborne and pretend for a while that you may actually have wings.
We may not have elected a woman president in 2016, but more and more women are gracing the podium and the stage in classical opera. Here are a few stellar examples and what obstacles they faced to get where they are.