California Results Cheat Sheet: What Propositions Won, Lost? | KCET
California Results Cheat Sheet: What Propositions Won, Lost?
The numbers have come in for California's 11 propositions and those races have been called -- at least by major media organizations. Here's what they're saying:
- Prop 30, Jerry Brown's tax, succeeded, according to AP.
- Prop 31, which sought state government reforms, failed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Prop 32, which would have affected union donations to political campaigns, failed, according to AP.
- Prop 33, the auto insurance initiative, failed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Prop 34, which sought to repeal the Death Penalty, failed, per AP.
- Prop 35, the human trafficking measure passes, according to AP.
- Prop 36, which makes changes to California's three strikes law passes, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 37 to require labeling of some foods that carry GMOs lost, according to AP.
- Prop 38, which sought to raises taxes to fund education, fails, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 39, which changes how multi-state businesses are taxed on sales, passes, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 40, which keeps State Senate maps redrawn by a citizens commission, passes, according to AP.
For live and updated results from KCET, click here.
The Channel Islands are one of the least visited national parks and home to the fastest recovery effort of a mammal on the endangered species list in U.S. history. In the mid 1990’s, Island Fox populations started to decline and in 2004 they were added to
Originally from Detroit, Barbara Dane's rich voice resonated with a sense of purpose that was a holdover from the singing she would provide at protests and union events. She performs once again in L.A. where many of her pivotal moments in music occurred.
- 1 of 327
- next ›