California Results Cheat Sheet: What Propositions Won, Lost? | KCET
California Results Cheat Sheet: What Propositions Won, Lost?
The numbers have come in for California's 11 propositions and those races have been called -- at least by major media organizations. Here's what they're saying:
- Prop 30, Jerry Brown's tax, succeeded, according to AP.
- Prop 31, which sought state government reforms, failed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Prop 32, which would have affected union donations to political campaigns, failed, according to AP.
- Prop 33, the auto insurance initiative, failed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Prop 34, which sought to repeal the Death Penalty, failed, per AP.
- Prop 35, the human trafficking measure passes, according to AP.
- Prop 36, which makes changes to California's three strikes law passes, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 37 to require labeling of some foods that carry GMOs lost, according to AP.
- Prop 38, which sought to raises taxes to fund education, fails, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 39, which changes how multi-state businesses are taxed on sales, passes, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 40, which keeps State Senate maps redrawn by a citizens commission, passes, according to AP.
For live and updated results from KCET, click here.
A former aide to Los Angeles City Councilman Jose Huizar today became the fourth person to agree to plead guilty to a felony charge stemming from the City Hall "pay-to-play" federal corruption probe.
153 workers have tested positive for COVID-19 at the Smithfield Foods-owned meatpacking plant, according to L.A. County Department of Public Health. That's 13 more cases than were first reported by LAist just five days ago.
A new COVID-19 testing site opened at Dodger Stadium today, which city officials say will accommodate three times more people than any other testing site in Los Angeles County.
In an announcement that will delight shaggy-haired residents statewide, Gov. Gavin Newsom today cleared the way for barbershops and hair salons to open in some counties.
- 1 of 290
- next ›